Thursday, April 3, 2025
 
National News
Gujarat: 18 Killed In Explosion At Crackers Factory In Banaskantha; Ex-Gratia Of 2 Lakh Announced For Next Of Kin Of Deceased
 
AHMEDABAD APRIL 01:-
The death toll from the firecracker blast in the Banaskantha district of Gujarat has reached 18. At least 23 workers were feared to be trapped under the debris after the collapse. Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel expressed grief over the incident and announced financial assistance of 4 lakh rupees to the families of the deceased and 50,000 rupees to the injured persons.

Cabinet Minister Rushikesh Patel informed the media that the district administration undertook a rescue operation immediately after the incident. Five injured people were rescued and are being treated at hospitals in Palanpur and Deesa, while 18 worker,s mostly from the neighboring state of Madhya Pradesh, have lost their lives. The Minister also said that the factory’s license had not been renewed, yet firecrackers were still stored there. He assured everyone that the government is taking strict action against those responsible for the incident, and two individuals have been arrested so far.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi condoled the loss of lives in the explosion. He announced an ex-gratia of 2 lakh rupees from Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund for the next of kin of each deceased and 50,000 rupees to the injured. Wishing a speedy recovery for the injured, Mr. Modi, in a social media post, said that the local administration is assisting those affected.
 
 
 
 
E-Paper Preview
Stock Watch
BSE Sensex
      
NSE Nifty
 
Weather
 
Cricket Scorecard
 
 
© 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved. The Northern Times Newspaper Developed By Ideogram Technology Solutions [P] Ltd.